Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week two

Shot day, and feeling pretty good! I don't have any joints that feel flared up. I DO have some sore muscles from my yoga/pilates class, but that is great. After a rough week of adjusting I am finally seeing some possible results from this self inflicted torture :) And it isn't really even torture any more. The first days of no sugar and no coffee were rough, but I figured out some alternative sweets and hot drinks that helped, and made a few yummy meals that I could eat.

We leave for vacation today and I know it will be nearly impossible to stick to my diet on vacation. But I am going to try to do it at about 75%. I don't want to be a pain and a burden to those cooking (I'm just thankful I am not doing the cooking!) so I am going to relax a little.

I lost three pounds! A nice side effect :)

Week one is done!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Yay! I'm so glad that things are improving -- and that you made it through that initial period. That's the worst, I think.

And I'm glad that you are liking the class at the gym. Maybe one day I'll be with it enough to join you!

Megan said...

Thanks! Yes, you should join me in that class. It's way more fun to do it with friends. And thanks for commenting. I know this blog is just for my record but I find it is also so encouraging to get a comment here and there :)