Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pregnancy so far

Two months prior to pregnancy: Stopped taking Enbrel. Continued with anti-inflamatory meds until about one month before trying to get pregnant. Joint pain returned within about 2-3 weeks of ending meds. Mostly an overall soreness, but also some concentrated joint pain.

Pregnant February 14th!! We got pregnant the first month we tried, the soonest possible date after being safely off medicine! Praise the Lord for His kindness and grace.

First Trimester: Really hard one. I was very sick, throwing up and unable to eat much of anything. Lost 5 pounds. Nautious all day every day, until about 14 weeks. Joint pain was worsening, some days so painful that I couldn't walk/move my wrist, etc. Doctor told me to take Tylenol PM to help with nausea and with sleeping through the night with a little less pain. I found that sleeping a ton (around 12 hours each night plus a daily nap) really helped ease joint pain. If I didn't get enough sleep, I would get a bad flare up.

Second Trimester: Sickness gone but joint pain increased. Doctor prescribed some pain meds for the unbarable days or nights. Still needed a ton of sleep but I wasn't as tired. Still taking Tylenol PM. Some of my worst flare ups were during this trimester. About once a week I would get a bad flare. Pain that would be so severe that it would make me nearly throw up.

Third Trimester: I am only a few weeks into my third trimester, but it has been the best by far! I hesitate to say it, but it almost seems like I have gone into remission! We will see how the rest of the trimester goes, but so far so good. I am sleeping comfortably, not needing as much sleep. I am still resting for two hours during the day, but not feeling the urgent need as much. My activity level has been much higher, which is really a blessing because I feel the need to prepare our home for this little one. I hope my third trimester continues to go this well.

No comments: