Saturday, December 15, 2007

Focus on the good

When I have dieted in the past (like after Jenna was born), I noticed something.  I focus on my failures.  I felt like a failure every single day.  The only time I ever felt good was if I was PERFECT all day.  Doing that can really put a damper on being healthy and fit.  So, this blog is focused on three good things I did this week so far...
1.  I exercised twice!  I found a workout video for a dollar (it is cheesy, but pretty good) and Jenna and I worked out two different mornings.  
2.  I started reading a book that I know will motivate and educate me to be healthy and to live a self-controlled life.
3.   At Jenna's snack time, I only ate if I was hungry.  We share that time together, her eating some applesauce or a different healthy snack, and me drinking my coffee.  It's a nice time sitting together.
So, there you have it.  I will not focus on my failures this time.  That will cause me to give up before I even give myself a chance.  
I will be blogging again on Monday, with a weigh-in and new goals.  

No comments: